Storage & Transportation of Akrosorb Soda Lime
Storage and Transportation of Akrosorb Soda Lime
Akrosorb Soda Lime should be kept sealed in a tightly closed container and stored in a clean dry environment at an even temperature, preferably between 0 and 35 degrees C (32F and 95F). Akrosorb Soda Lime is to be stored in a cool, dry, ventilated area. Storage at high temperatures can result in a loss of efficiency and a reduced service life due to gradual loss of moisture from the product. Prolonged storage at sub-zero temperatures should also be avoided. When stored correctly, unopened containers will maintain absorption capacity for up to 3 years.
One should avoid the following when storing Akrosorb Soda Lime:
- Strong Sunlight
- Contact with or in the proximity of incompatible chemicals or acids
- Partial or complete immersion in water
- Atmospheres with higher than normal concentrations of carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen sulfide or other acidic gases.
- Excessive stacking loads.
- Protect against physical damage.
- Isolate from incompatible substances.
- Do not breathe dust.
Akrosorb Soda Lime contains less than 3.5% w/w sodium hydroxide and therefore is NOT classified as corrosive*. Containers of Akrosorb Soda Lime do not need to be marked with any special hazard warning and they can be shipped by road, sea or air as non-hazardous product.