Oxygen & Water are essential to life…The United Nations reports that 80% of all diseases in the world are water related and that 50% of infant mortality worldwide is caused by water borne diseases. (International drinking water supply and sanitation decade – United Nations 1981)
The requirement for a compact, easy to use, fast acting water purification system for use where water is contaminated was recognized as long ago as the early 1900’s. Most of the world’s piped water supplies are treated with chlorine. However, the conventional chlorine donor, calcium hypochlorite/bleaching powder or sodium hypochlorite degrades with age and it is difficult to calculate accurate in-use dilutions.
Aquapura’s active ingredient, NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 and has been approved / registered for drinking water treatment by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
Aquapura Tablets are manufactured using pharmaceutical grade and food grade materials and do not contain any industrial grade material.
The packaging and shelf life of Aquapura Tablets has been verified through stability studies performed to International Conference on Harmonization Standards (ICH).
Aquapura tablets kill bacteria, spores, viruses and various other water borne diseases. It helps in prevention of diseases like diarrhea, cholera, typhoid, jaundice, dysentery, gastro and other water borne diseases which predominantly spread through water contamination & is associated with high mortality rate. It is very important to purify the water you drink or use for household/other purposes because unwanted germs and bacteria may cause above mentioned water borne dreaded diseases.
Aquapura-Potable Water Purification Tablets are manufactured to an effervescent formulation containing Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (NaDCC) – an organic chlorine donor with a superior disinfection capacity to bleaching powder and sodium hypochlorite, a near neutral pH and a simple, easy to understand dosing system for added safety.
Aquapura Tablets are an International Method of ridding water off impurities making it absolutely safe to drink or use. It makes sure that your drinking water is germ free.
Aquapura Tablets are formulated to be more effective and convenient than filtering or boiling. Filtering does not destroy impurities, infact it breeds them. Even after filteration, many Water Sources throughout the world remain contaminated and require some form of disinfection. Dirty/Muddy Water should first be filtered and then treated with Aquapura Tablets to kill unwanted germs and bacteria that cannot be seen through naked eyes. Aquapura Tablets prevent recontamination of water for 48 hours that cannot be achieved by boiling water. To get water to a rolling boil, minimum 20-30 minutes of time and considerable amount of energy & utensils is needed. Aquapura Tablet dissolves in water in less than 10 minutes and water is disinfected and safe to consume or use after 30 minutes. Also, volume of water that can be treated with Aquapura Tablets ranges from 1 Litre upto 6000 Litres per Tablet which cannot be achieved in the same time period by boiling water.
A solution to growing pollution of Mineral Water bottles is offered by our portable drinking water purification tablets providing clean, bacteria and germ free water anytime, anywhere!
Each tablet is carefully manufactured to strict specifications ensuring an accurate chlorine level for each application whether for individual water consumption or large tank water applications.
Aquapura-Potable Tablets kill bacteria, bacterial spores, cysts, algae, fungi, protozoa and viruses and are especially lethal to Entamoeba histolytica.
Aquapura-Potable Tablets Prevent Diarrhea, E. Coli, Shigella Sonnel, Faecal Coliforms, Giardia, Salmonella Thphi, Vibrio Cholera, Streptococcus Faecalis, Typhoid, Dysentry and other waterborne disease and illness.
Benefits of using Aquapura Water Purification Tablets:
- Aquapura’s active ingredient Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate is non toxic and has been approved by WHO (World Health Organization) as “fit for prolonged human consumption” since 2003.
- Proven to be effective against virtually all known Water Borne Diseases. (Eliminates 99.9% of microorganisms in water.)
- Safe & Compact to handle, store, and transport – no spillages or leaks.
- Safe and recommended for populations with higher risk of contacting water borne diseases (such as the elderly and children under 5 years of age.)
- Aquapura Tablets allow for Biological Water Purification with an excellent economical relationship between cost and litre of purified water.
- Economic & Accurate – no under or over dosing. Safe, simple, easy to use.
- More Environmental Friendly than alternative disinfectants. Totally biodegradable.
- No unpleasant taste, odour or colour.
- Safe and stable tablets. Sealed in durable packs (strips or plastic containers) marked with Batch/Lot Number; Manufacturing Date and 3-5 Years Expiry date.
- Does not require boiling of water.
- Total bactericidal action (Eliminates 99.9% of microorganisms).
- Does not require expensive electrical gadget & in turn electricity, high pressure of water, gas or fuel.
- Aquapura Tablets are used for Life-Long Household Water Treatment. Over 3 Billion Litres of Water per annum are treated in homes around the world using NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate.
- Aquapura Tablets allow an exact, safe and simple dosage, without the need to boil water; and allowing use at the consumption point, avoiding recontamination of water during its transfer and by its residual action.
Aquapura Potable Tablets are available in following strengths:
Dosage is in accordance with published specifications for household use at 2 mg per litre chlorine or 2 PPM
AQUAPURA 3.5 mg
For treatment of 1 litre water
AQUAPURA 8.5 mg
For treatment of 2.5 litres water
AQUAPURA 17 mg
For treatment of 5 litres water
AQUAPURA 33 mg
For treatment of 10 litres water
AQUAPURA 67 mg
For treatment of 20 litres water
AQUAPURA 167 mg
For treatment of 50 litres water
AQUAPURA 1.67 gm
For treatment of 500 litres water
AQUAPURA 3.5 gm
For treatment of 1000 litres water
AQUAPURA 8.68 gm
For treatment of 2500 litres water
AQUAPURA 10 gm
For treatment of 3000 litres water
All tablets dissolve in less than 10 minutes and have a 30 minute treatment time.
Aquapura-Potable Tablets should be used with clean / clear water. If the water to be treated is being consumed from a known source (such as with a household/workplace tap water supply), then one tablet of Aquapura-Potable should used to treat recommended volume of Clear Water as per the above mentioned chart. In all other situations, where the source of water is unknown or doubtful (such as with pond/lake water etc.) then 2 Tablets of Aquapura-Potable should be used for the same volume of water. If the water to be treated is dirty/murky /turbid/muddy then it should be firstly filtered through a cloth such as a t-shirt/filter cloth until clear or allowed to sit until the sediment settles down. The decanted clear water should then be disinfected with 2 Tablets of Aquapura-Potable.
How to Use (Incase of Standard 33 mg Tablet):
- Add 1 Tablet of Aquapura-Potable 33 mg in 10 Litres of Clear Water
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Consume or Use the Water thereafter for intended application.
- Incase contamination level of water is high or source of water in unknown, then add 2 Tablets of Aquapura-Portable 33 mg in 10 Litres of Clear Water.
- Incase of Aquapura-Potable Tablets of other strengths, refer to the chart above for use of tablet in recommended volume of water.
Aquapura Tablets Treat:
Hand Pump Water
Overhead Tank Water
Aquapura Tablets Purify Water for Use in the following Applications:
Household Water Purification
Fruits & Vegetable Disinfection
Kitchen Utensils, Cutlery and Crockery Cleaning
Cleaning of Teeth, Mouth Wash
Baby Bottle and Toys Sterilization
Baby Diapers Sterilization
Travelling, Trekking, Camping, Picnicking
Restaurants, Fast Food Joints & Hotels
Factories & Industrial Sheds
Snack Bars & Mobile Eateries
Shops & Showroom
Overheard & Underground Water Tanks
Relief Calamities & Disasters
Poultry, Dairy and Fishery Industries
- Ensure that the tablet dissolves completely before using/consuming the water. Water treated with Aquapura-Potable Tablets is safe to consume/use after 30 minutes of adding the tablet in water.
- Keep the package and tablets out of children’s reach.
- Do not dissolve the tablet in strong alkali (over pH 10) or acidic (below pH3) Solution
- Store the package and tablets away from acids & water/moisture.
- Do not place the package or tablets near fire or strong inflammables.
- Do not place the tablets in metallic vessel for more than 2 hours.
- The tablets are harmful if swallowed.
- The tablets are irritating to eyes and respiratory system.
- Replace the cap of the package securely after use.
Store in a cool and dry place.