Oxygen & Water are essential to life…The United Nations reports that 80% of all diseases in the world are water related and that 50% of infant mortality worldwide is caused by water borne diseases. (International drinking water supply and sanitation decade – United Nations 1981)
The requirement for a compact, easy to use, fast acting water purification system for use where water is contaminated was recognized as long ago as the early 1900’s. Most of the world’s piped water supplies are treated with chlorine. However, the conventional chlorine donor, calcium hypochlorite/bleaching powder or sodium hypochlorite degrades with age and it is difficult to calculate accurate in-use dilutions.
Aquapura-Tanksafe Tablets are manufactured to an effervescent formulation containing Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (NaDCC) – an organic chlorine donor with a superior disinfection capacity to bleaching powder and sodium hypochlorite, a near neutral pH and a simple, easy to understand dosing system for added safety.
Each tablet is carefully manufactured to strict specifications ensuring an accurate chlorine level for each application whether for individual water consumption or large tank water applications.
Aquapura-Tanksafe Tablets kill bacteria, bacterial spores, cysts, algae, fungi, protozoa and viruses and are especially lethal to Entamoeba histolytica. The following causative water borne organisms amongst others, are killed by Aquapura Water Purification Tablets
- Salmonella typhi
- Vibrio cholera
- Shigella sonnel
- Streptococcus faecalis
- Escherichia coli
Commonly recognized micro-organisms that cause diseases such as typhoid, dysentery, cholera, polio and diarrhea are killed by Aquapura-Tanksafe Tablets
Benefits of using Aquapura Water Purification Tablets:
- Aquapura’s active ingredient Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate is non toxic and has been approved by WHO (World Health Organization) as “fit for prolonged human consumption” since 2003.
- Proven to be effective against virtually all known Water Borne Diseases. (Eliminates 99.9% of microorganisms in water.)
- Safe & Compact to handle, store, and transport – no spillages or leaks.
- Safe and recommended for populations with higher risk of contacting water borne diseases (such as the elderly and children under 5 years of age.)
- Aquapura Tablets allow for Biological Water Purification with an excellent economical relationship between cost and litre of purified water.
- Economic & Accurate – no under or over dosing. Safe, simple, easy to use.
- More Environmental Friendly than alternative disinfectants. Totally biodegradable.
- No unpleasant taste, odour or colour.
- Safe and stable tablets. Sealed in durable packs (strips or plastic containers) marked with Batch/Lot Number; Manufacturing Date and 3-5 Years Expiry date.
- Does not require boiling of water.
- Total bactericidal action (Eliminates 99.9% of microorganisms).
- Does not require expensive electrical gadget & in turn electricity, high pressure of water, gas or fuel.
- Aquapura Tablets are used for Life-Long Household Water Treatment. Over 3 Billion Litres of Water per annum are treated in homes around the world using NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate.
- Aquapura Tablets allow an exact, safe and simple dosage, without the need to boil water; and allowing use at the consumption point, avoiding recontamination of water during its transfer and by its residual action.
Aquapura Tanksafe Tablets are available in the following strengths:
1.67 gm for treatment of 500 Litres of Clear Water at 2 PPM
3.5 gm for treatment of 1000 Litres of Clear Water at 2 PPM
5.0 gm for treatment of 1500 Litres of Clear Water at 2 PPM
8.68 gm for treatment of 2500 Litres of Clear Water at 2 PPM
10 gm for treatment of 3000 Litres of Clear Water at 2 PPM
20 gm for treatment of 6000 Litres of Clear Water at 2 PPM
All tablets dissolve in less than 10 minutes and have a 30 minute treatment time.
Aquapura-Tanksafe Tablets is used to disinfect Large Volume of Water ranging from 500 Litres-6000 Litres of Clear Water in Overhead or Underground Storage Tanks at 2 PPM Dosage.
Incase the contamination level of Water is high, use 2 Tablets of Aquapura-Tanksafe to get 4-5 PPM Dosage.
How To Use: (Incase of Standard 1.67 gm Tablet)
- Add 1 Tablet of Aquapura-Tanksafe 1.67 gm Tablets per 500 Litres of Water in Overhead /Underground Water Storage Tank. Calculate the number of tablets needed according to the capacity of the tank and put accordingly.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Use the treated water thereafter for intended applications.
- Use 2 Tablets incase contamination level of water is high.
- Use other strength tablets like 3.5gm, 5gm, 8.68gm, 10gm, 20gm in a similar pattern as mentioned above in recommended volume of water.
- Repeat the process twice in a week.
For Professional Cleaning of Tanks by Experts or Water Tank Maintainence Consultants:
For the purification of water in tanks, 10ppm (mg/l) available chlorine is generally recommended. However for regular tank cleaning and disinfection, essential guidelines are as follows:
- Dose static tank water to 5ppm available chlorine and leave for 5 minutes to drain off.
- Use a suitable sanitizing solution having 200ppm available chlorine mixed with a neutral detergent to thoroughly clean the tank and rinse out
- Place sufficient Aquapura-Tanksafe Tablets in the tank and dose to 65 ppm available chlorine. Fill the tank with fresh water and leave overnight. Check for a chlorine residual of at least 50ppm before neutralizing, drain off and resume use.
For all new water pipe installations, dosing the system to 50ppm available chlorine for a minimum of 30 minutes before checking for chlorine residual is recommended.
Information for Tank Cleaning Professionals & Experts:
A standard 1.67 gm of Aquapura NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate Tablet contains 1000 mg of available chlorine.
Hence, Aquapura 1.67 gm tablet with 1000 mg available chlorine can treat:
100 Litres of Water at 10 PPM; 200 Litres of Water at 5 PPM, 20 Litres of Water at 50 PPM, 15 Litres of Water at 65 PPM & 5 Litres of Water at 200 PPM
- Ensure that the tablet dissolves completely before using the solution. Water treated with Aquapura-Tanksafe Tablets is safe to use after 30 minutes of adding the tablet.
- Keep the package and tablets out of children’s reach.
- Do not dissolve the tablet in strong alkali (over pH 10) or acidic (below pH3) Solution
- Store the package and tablets away from acids & water/moisture.
- Do not place the package or tablets near fire or strong inflammables.
- Do not place the tablets in metallic vessel for more than 2 hours.
- The tablets are harmful if swallowed.
- The tablets are irritating to eyes and respiratory system.
- Replace the cap of the package securely after use.
Store in a cool and dry place.