It is essential to have good food hygiene if you are making food to sell or consume on your premises. Good food hygiene is concerned with reducing or eliminating bacteria.
The benefits of good food hygiene practice can be listed as follows:
- Prevents serious illness.
- Reduces cost by preventing food spoilage.
- Reduces the risk of cross contamination.
- Promotes a safe working environment.
- Helps pest control.
- Provides a good image for your business.
- Complies with legal requirements.
Cleaning and disinfecting work surfaces, chopping boards and equipment before food preparation commences will stop bacteria spreading on to food.
Akron Healthcare offers both food surface/area/equipment disinfection tablets and fruit/vegetable disinfection tablets.
Some simple steps to follow for good food hygiene:
- Ensure those handling food, thoroughly wash and dry their hands before touching food.
- Clean and disinfect food areas between different food preparations.
- Keep raw food separately.
- Clear and clean as you go to avoid exposure to bacteria. Clean up spills and clear away unused equipment to avoid splashes and contamination.
- Use a disinfectant, (such as Aquapura-Foodsafe) suitable to kill the microrganisms common in kitchens and catering settings.
People are increasingly being encouraged to raise the proportion of fresh fruit and vegetable in their diet. Advances in the production method used to grow and distribute these food items have meant that fresh produce is now available throughout the year in practically every part of the world. However, these advances have also brought an increased risk of human disease associated with the potential to consume a range of pathogenic microorganisms that can survive and grow on this fresh produce.
What is Aquapura-Foodsafe?
Aquapura-Foodsafe tablets are used for washing fresh fruits and vegetables thus disinfecting them and making them safe for consumption by killing harmful bacteria and microorganism like Escherichia Coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Monocytogenes and Staphylococcus Aureus. They are also used for wide range of disinfecting purposes in and around the kitchen & catering area like food preparation surfaces, equipments, walls, tiles, floors, cutlery, crockery, glassware, cloths, mop, surfaces and kitchenware. Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablets are recognized and proven to be as an effective, highly convenient and safe food disinfectant, based on the dry chlorine donor, Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (NaDCC)
Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablets are used throughout the world by the catering industry to meet HACCP guidelines which require that all raw fruits and vegetables are thoroughly washed with suitable sanitisers before prepration.
Available Strengths & Compositions:
Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablets are available in the following 3 strengths for Fruit and Vegetable Disinfection Application;
0.4 gm to prepare disinfecting solution of 5 Litres at 50 PPM
0.9 gm to prepare disinfecting solution of 10 Litres at 50 PPM
1.67 gm to prepare disinfecting solution of 20 Litres at 50 PPM
Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablets are available in the following 3 strengths for disinfection of kitchen/catering area, equipments, walls, tiles, floors, cutlery, crockery, glassware, cloths, mop, surfaces and kitchenware.
0.4 gm to prepare disinfecting solution of 2.5 Litres at 100 PPM
0.9 gm to prepare disinfecting solution of 5 Litres at 100 PPM
1.67 gm to prepare disinfecting solution of 10 Litres at 100 PPM
Advantages of Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablets:
- It is a Broad Range Biocide that kills Harmful Bacteria & Proven to be effective against Escherichia Coli, Salmonella, Listeria, Monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aureus, Campylacter jejuni, Shigella spp, Cyclospora.
- Economic-Accurate and Easy Measurements. They are simple to prepare, use and store and are easily transported, cost effective and affordable.
- Extends the life of Salads, Fruits & Vegetables by reducing Food Spoilage Organisms
- Versatile-Wide Range of Disinfecting Purposes in and Around the Kitchen
- Non-Tainting, does not adversely affect the appearance of the produce.
- Can also be used on walls, tiles, floors, cutlery, crockery, glassware and cloths.
- The product is stable on storage & has a shelf life of 3 years
- Has no adverse effect on food which comes in contact with the treated surface.
Instructions For Disinfection of Fruits & Vegetables:
At 50 PPM Dosage, Contact time of Disinfecting Solution with Fresh Produce (Fruits/Vegetables) is 10 Minutes.
0.4 gm Tablet is used to prepare disinfecting solution of 5 Litres at 50 PPM
0.9 gm Tablet is used to prepare disinfecting solution of 10 Litres at 50 PPM
1.67 gm Tablet is used to prepare disinfecting solution of 20 Litres at 50 PPM
- Rinse the fresh produce (raw fruits/vegetables) thoroughly in cold water and remove as much dirt and debris from the fruit and vegetables as possible (brush or wash)
- Make up a solution by adding Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablet in suggested quantity of water according to the user instructions mentioned above as per the strength of the tablet (wear gloves if possible)
- Immerse Vegetables/Fruits in disinfecting solution for 10 minutes and rinse.
- After disinfection, remove fruits/vegetables from water and shake off excess liquid, then transfer to a clean, dry tray and store in a suitable area or consume immediately.
- It is preferable not to rinse after disinfection, unless the food, fruits/vegetables will be consumed in 2 hours. Incase the fruits/vegetables will be consumed after 2 hours of disinfection, then it is recommended to rinse them with clean fresh drinking water.
- If fruits and vegetables are consumed within 24 hours of washing with solution prepared from Aquapura-Foodsafe then above mentioned dosage with one tablet is recommended.
- If fruits and vegetables are meant to be stored for more than 24 hours after washing with solution from Aquapura-Foodsafe then 2 tablets are recommended for long lasting effect.
Ensure complete dissolution of the tablets before completely submerging the fruit/vegetables in the solution for the appropriate time.
Instructions For Disinfection of kitchen/catering area, equipments, walls, tiles, floors, cutlery, crockery, glassware, cloths, mop, surfaces and kitchenware.
0.4 gm Tablet is used to prepare disinfecting solution of 2.5 Litres at 100 PPM
0.9 gm Tablet is used to prepare disinfecting solution of 5 Litres at 100 PPM
1.67 gm Tablet is used to prepare disinfecting solution of 10 Litres at 100 PPM
- Wash/Rinse/Mop the desired area or kitchenware with water to remove as much dirt or foreign matter.
- Make up a disinfecting solution by adding Aquapura-Foodsafe Tablet in suggested quantity of water according to the user instructions as per the above mentioned strengths.
- Use the treated water to disinfect Kitchen Surface, Walls, Floor, Tiles, Glassware, Equipments, Utensils, Crockery, Cutlery by spraying or mopping.
About Aquapura-Foodsafe’s active ingredient NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate:
- The biocidal capacity of Aquapura-Foodsafe ingredient NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate is far superior to other chlorine disinfectants for 2 reasons:
- It produces a neutral hypochlorous acid solution which is more biocidal than alkaline hypochlorite solutions like sodium hypochlorite. Only 50% of the total chlorine is free, the rest is combined, this equilibrium gives improved efficiency and safety in use when compared to other chlorine agents.
- Aquapura-Foodsafe Active ingredient NaDCC is approved to international standards with NSF/ANSI Standard 60 & US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- NaDCC Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 60 and has been approved / registered for drinking water treatment by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate is non toxic and has been approved by WHO (World Health Organization) as “fit for prolonged human consumption” since 2003.
- It is proven to be effective against virtually all known Water Borne Diseases. (Eliminates 99.9% of microorganisms in water.)
- Tablets formulated from Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate are Safe & Compact to handle, store, and transport – no spillages or leaks.
- It is Economic & Accurate – no under or over dosing. Safe, simple, easy to use.
- More Environmental Friendly than alternative disinfectants. Totally biodegradable.
- Total bactericidal action (Eliminates 99.9% of microorganisms).
- Ensure that the tablet dissolves completely before using the solution.
- Keep the tablet and package out of children’s reach.
- Do not dissolve the tablet in strong alkali (over pH 10) or acidic (below pH3) Solution.
- Store away the package and tablets from acids & water/moisture.
- Do not place the package or tablet near fire or strong inflammables.
- Do not place the tablets in metallic vessel for more than 2 hours.
- The tablets are harmful if swallowed.
- The tablets are irritating to eyes and respiratory system.
- Replace the cap of the package securely after use.
Store in a cool and dry place.