Diving Grade Soda Lime
Diving & Safety Application of Akrosorb Soda Lime
Akrosorb Diving Grade Soda Lime removes Carbon Dioxide from the exhaled breath of a diver using a rebreather. Akrosorb Soda Lime has special characteristics that make it one of the best CO2 absorbents for use in rebreathers.
Akron Healthcare manufactures Akrosorb Diving Grade Soda Lime as per NATO STANAG 1411 ADivP-03. Akron Healthcare has the necessary licenses including Schedule-M, GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), ISO 9001:2008 and approvals that include I.P. (Indian Pharmacopoeia), B.P. (British Pharmacopoeia) & U.S.P. (United States Pharmacopoeia) to manufacture Soda Lime. Akron Healthcare also manufactures Soda Lime as per IS 5321:1969.
Akrosorb Diving Grade Soda Lime is the preferred brand amongst various navies across the world.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is used in navies, for use in submarines and by divers.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime absorbs carbon dioxide in helium-oxygen breathing systems, hyperbaric chambers and scuba apparatus.
- In diving applications, Akrosorb Soda Lime is used to maintain Carbon Dioxide below harmful levels in both closed-circuit rebreathers and in saturation dive systems for commercial deep sea diving.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is used for removing Carbon Dioxide from Diving Rebreathers.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime is a chemical technology for removal of Carbon Dioxide from manned enclosed atmospheres, such as submarine, and closed circuit breathing apparatus, such as rebreathers.
- The major applications of Akrosorb Soda Lime are in breathable gas applications where carbon dioxide levels need to be controlled, for example in commercial and leisure diving rebreathers, or in submarines. In these applications, the breathable air is recirculated for re-use and therefore any exhaled carbon dioxide needs to be removed in order to prevent a build-up of carbon dioxide to toxic levels.
- Akrosorb Soda Lime finds application in naval and tourist vessels, submarines etc.
Akrosorb Soda Lime is available in 2 types:
As the Soda Lime becomes less effective during use, the granules change their color.
Color Indicator is available in 2 types:
Pink to White Indicator on absorption of CO2.
White to violet Indicator on absorption of CO2.
This color change should not be used to determine when to replace your absorbent, but simply as an indication of recent use.
Akron Healthcare also manufactures Soda Lime (without indicator) i.e. white color granules that do not change in color on CO2 Absorption.
Particle Shape and Size:
Akrosorb Soda Lime granules are available in various shapes that include irregular pebble shaped granules, uniform shaped granules, cylindrical shaped granules, d-shaped granules and pellet shaped granules depending on the intended application and customer specification.
The water content can also be varied depending on the application.
The point to be ensured is that the shape of the granules should maximize CO2 absorption and minimize dust formation.
Akrosorb Soda Lime is manufactured in different granule size range to suit various applications and user’s specific requirements that include:
- 1.4-2.0 mm
- 2.0-2.8 mm
- 2.0 – 4.0 mm
- 2.0-8.0 mm
- 2.5-5.0 mm
- 2.8-4.75 mm
- 2.8-5.5 mm
- 4.0-8.0 mm
We can modify the granule size depending on the intended application and/or as per customer specification.
Akrosorb is available in 4-8 mesh size and 8-12 mesh size as well.
We follow strict control, and batch acceptance criteria. Our Soda Lime test methods also conform to Pharmacopoeia Standards like I.P., B.P., U.S.P. or IS 5321:1969. Akrosorb Soda Lime is manufactured under rigorous Statistical Process operations and is governed by Standard Operating Procedures, which form the basis of our quality system.
Quality Management Certificates Available:
GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)
Drug Approvals Available:
I.P. (Indian Pharmacopoeia)
B.P. (British Pharmacopoeia)
U.S.P. (United States Pharmacopoeia)
I.P. Indian Pharmacopoeia;
B.P. British Pharmacopoeia;
U.S.P. United States Pharmacopoeia;
NATO STANAG 1411 ADivP-03.
In-house as well as Govt. Approved Independent Laboratory COA of every batch available.